Saturday, August 23, 2008

Almost Home

Yesterday, we spent all day (literally) at Knotts Berry Farm. Now this is my kind of amusement park. 0 to 90 MPH in four seconds, up 10 stories in the air, constant 70 MPH speeds, etc. is my kind of rides (Dianna's too). I don't remember the last time I was at Knotts, but it had to be 20 years ago. It does not even resemble today what it was last time. There are maybe 4 thrill rides remaining and 8 added. It was a nice change from the slow pace of LegoLand and Disneyland in the earlier week. Although, Disneyland has a few rides that interest me. I just wish my stomach could still handle the G forces that these thrill rides give you.

Today, we are travelling back to our timeshare in Ramona, which is outside of San Diego in the mountains. We are currently visiting with my Uncle Richard and Aunt Dianna at their campsite in San Onofre. What an awesome set up they have. Words don't even describe the scenery and luxury that they have as retirees. But, they have certainly paid their dues and deserve everything they have. We are waiting for the sun to burn off the clouds and then we are going to walk down to the beach and play in the sand and water.

Disneyland was fun but not much to report. Nathan did go on Space Mountain this year and really enjoyed it. He wouldn't go last year. We did go back to the hotel in the afternoon so we could all catch a rest. Then we went back to the parks, caught the electrical light parade and fireworks before calling it a night.

We are actually ready to get back home to see our girl. We only saw her two days out of the entire trip.

Brian






3 comments:

AZDonna said...

Sounds like you have had a great trip. I can't remember the last time I was at Knotts either, but I do remember the boysenberry pie. Hope you have a good trip home. Drive safely.

Can't wait to hear Nathan's account of all the fun!

Anonymous said...

It was good to see all of you this afternoon. I hope you didn't get too sunburned.

Nathan was lots of fun. I may eventually figure out all the switches he left in the wrong position, but it may take a while. :-) Like I said, he's not a handful -- he's two handfuls! I'm glad he got over his initial fear of the ocean. He seemed to have a really good time.

And, thanks again for dinner.

Anonymous said...

Are you home yet? Ok, I know you are home, but we need an update!