Monday, July 28, 2008

L.I.F.E.'s One Year Anniversary

I can't believe we are at our one year anniversary. This year has gone by so fast. The business has kept us very busy. We started with a staff of 35 and were seeing almost 100 children on August 6, 2007. As we approach one year later, we have a staff of over 100 people and are seeing over 300 children each week. Praise the lord for the center's success and all the little miracle's we see each week. Every week we seem to have something wonderful happen. A child is able to start walking or says their first word. Seeing a mom's face the first time a child is able to say I LOVE YOU or a dad's face the first time his son is able to ride a tricycle or catch a ball makes it all worth while!!! I am so blessed to have an amazing partner that works 60 plus hours per week. She is an answer to prayer because with the kids I am unable to work near as much. I am able to work from my office at home.

We opened with 7,500 s.f. of office and therapy room space. Less than 2 months ago, we grew another 2,700 s.f., so we are now leasing over 10,000 s.f. and still busting at the seams. The new space has provided some much needed space for our physical and occupational therapy department. Thank you to all of you who have provided generous donations to the center to make this all possible.


Carrie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have followed Laren's since our son was diagnosed in may 2006. We love, love,love your new L.I.F.E. center. Wish that we could do the same here on the East Coast.... we have no idea where to begin though. If your expansion would ever include a second branch in the east, look us up we would love to help run it. Sincerely The Adams
Bryce is our son. his website is www.caringbridge.org/visit/fightforbryce.
Thanking God that the ears were figured out for Lauren.... praying those songs come back for you all real soon.
Hugs-
Mommy Koren to Bryce

Betty L said...

Congratulations on L.I.F.E.'s success. I'm glad Lauren is doing better. I love reading about your family.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary L.I.F.E.! What a blessing you have been and will continue to be to so many needy children.

Can't wait to hear more of your family's comings and goings.